Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Morbid Mommy

I took a trip to Washington DC this past weekend. It was the first time I have been on a plane since Wade was born. Aaron and Wade dropped me off bright and early Saturday morning. As I was giving Wade a dozen kisses and hugs good-bye he asked me if I was coming back... ummm... Never ask someone who is about to get on a plane if they are coming back! All I could think was, "If I answer 'yes' I am almost certainly going to die in a horrible plane crash and then Wade won't have a Mommy. But, on the flip side, I can't tell him 'no'." So, I dared the gods and told him that I would, of course, be back. Two hours later I was incredibly relieved to land safely at BWI. While I was in DC I forgot about the curse that Wade had bestowed upon me and did not think of it again until I was on the plane to come home and I traded seats with a woman on my plane. "OH MY GOD, WHY DO I HAVE A DEATH WISH???" Everyone knows when you trade seats (or flights) with someone that pretty much cements the deal that one of you is going down in a fiery ball of hell. After tempting fate twice I again landed safely at DTW. It very well may be the last time I ever fly. My list of unfounded and absolutely ridiculous fears just keeps growing. Fantastic.

My friend, Amanda, recently got married. This was her wedding song and I'm absolutely in love with it. I could listen to it over and over and over... The Avett Brothers, "Swept Away".

No comments:

Post a Comment