Monday, March 16, 2009

And it begins...

My son is a little over two now. Shortly after he was born and I had returned to work, I discovered that having a glass or two of wine after putting him to bed was something I really, really enjoyed. My fiance at the time was working nights so I was home alone in the evenings. After a glass of wine or two or three, I found that I had a lot to say and no one to say it to. So, in a wine-induced moment of creativity (and boredom) I decided I would write a book; I had so much to say about being a new mom. Upon waking the next day I realized that absolutely no one wants to read about my boring life experiences and without a slight buzz, turns out I really don't have that much to write about. Needless to say, the book idea went south.

I (much like every other mother) think that my son is the best and the funniest and the cutest and blah, blah, blah. So, I began writing e-mails to family and friends when the writing bug bit me and/or whenever my son did something extra cute. Basically, I was forcing my son's adorableness down my loved one's necks. It recently occurred to me that maybe they don't really want to hear all these stories. Thus, this blog.

I will post my stories up here. If you're interested, you can read them. If you're not, you no longer have to feel obligated to read my incredibly long e-mails about how great my kid is. It's a win-win; I still get to brag about my son, you don't necessarily have to read about it.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment