Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Can't wait to go camping! / I am SO happy that camping is over!

I have been looking forward to our annual 4th of July camping trip for months.  I couldn't wait to get there and just relax.  Turns out there is little to no relaxing while camping with 2 children.  I don't know why I keep forgetting that everything we do with 2 kids is really twice as hard as everything we used to do with just the 1.  We still had some good times though.  I just got a little lost a few times and had to remind myself that it's all fun and we are making good memories.  It's just hard to realize that when you're in the middle of the woods with no running water, no electricity and you have to use the outhouse across the way yet you're holding an infant who is hungry and her food is buried in 1 of 4 camping bins, but you can't remember which one; a 4-year old who is hungry so you have to start a fire to cook his food, but at the same time he also wants to go swimming in the lake, hunt for toads and play ball all at the same exact moment.  Ugh...  We all made it back in one piece and I have some great pictures that will slowly erase the memories of stress and exhaustion just in time for us to go camping again! 






Berry messy girl!












No comments:

Post a Comment