Wednesday, April 8, 2009

"There's No Crying In Baseball!!"

Alas, if you are me, there is... and lots of it. It's ridiculous, I know.

I'm in love with the nostalgia and the romance of baseball and it often makes me cry. I cried every time Kenny Rogers got up to pitch after the Tigers-Yankees play-off game a couple of years ago (and I mean every time - cried like a baby). It was exhausting. I'm almost thankful that The Gambler has retired... gives my tear-ducts a much needed rest. Then, along comes Mitch Albom and Mike Ilitch (didn't see that one coming) and there go the water works: http://www.freep.com/article/20090405/COL01/904050437/1082/Detroit+Three+find+hope+in+centerfield

Very cool, Mr. Ilitch.

Thanks also to Mr. Frank DeFord who makes me cry about baseball (and nearly every other sport) every time he opens his mouth (Note: never just read Frank DeFord. You have to listen to him - so click on the Listen Now button): http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=102837901

"Cheers and go Tigers!!" **she mumbled through tears and tissues...**

2 comments:

  1. In my numerous dog training efforts to also train a dog, I have found that this name comes up often. Ceasar Milan, apparently he is some well known dog, um pschologist. Anyway, I plan on getting a book. I will let you know. I hear he knows his dog biz. You are the big dog, the pack leader etc. That is what we need to keep reminding ourselves. So, I guess I have too much rum on my hands...it took way too long to write this post correctly. :) hiccup

    ReplyDelete
  2. psychologist, oops

    ReplyDelete